If you’ve ever had a Heavenly Hunk, you know just how delicious they are! I first discovered them at Costco and have loved them ever since! The only downside, is that I can easily go through a Costco sized bag of them in a few days so I figured I should try and make a copy cat version!
Oats – The base of these hunks are oats. I used rolled oats but you could try using quick oats if that’s all you have.
Oat flour – You can buy oat flour or make your own. To make your own, pulse oats in a food processor until it forms a flour.
Almond flour – The combination of almond flour, oat flour and oats mimics the Heavenly Hunks. You could try subbing oat flour if you don’t have almond flour on hand but I haven’t tried it.
Coconut oil – I recommend using refined coconut oil. When I first made these, I used unrefined coconut oil because that’s what I had on hand and it definitely made the hunks taste like coconut. If you like coconut, you can use unrefined oil but I’d recommend using refined coconut oil to get a less coconut-y taste.
Shredded coconut flakes – Made sure these are unsweetened.
Cashew butter – I love the taste of this in here but you could also try almond butter if you don’t have cashew butter on hand. You can make your own cashew butter or buy it from the store in the nut butter aisle.
Date syrup – This is what gives the hunks their sweetness. I like using date syrup because it’s a natural sweetener and it has a low glycemic index. You could sub honey or agave.
Mini chocolate chips – To keep these vegan, use vegan chocolate chips. You could also use regular sized chocolate chips.
Copycat Heavenly Hunks
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (120 g)
- 1/2 cup date syrup (120 g)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (128 g)
- 2 1/2 cups oats (200 g)
- 1 cup oat flour (110 g)
- 2/3 cup almond flour (75 g)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (35 g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- LIne 8×8 baking dish in parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add all dry ingredients into wet ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into pan and press down.
- Chill in freezer for 2 hours or until hardened. Cut into 30 hunks. Enjoy!