This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These protein balls are so good, you won’t even know they’re good for you! They are packed with protein and fiber and are super easy to make. The ingredients include pantry staples that most people have around their house. My husband tried these and loved them!
Each ball is around 150 calories, 6 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber and 10 g of sugar.*
*The calories and nutritional breakdown is a rough estimate and may be a little different depending on the ingredients you use.
Peanut butter – Feel free to use any nut butter in this recipe.
Oats – I prefer old-fashioned rolled oats but you could also use quick oats if that’s what you have on hand.
Medjool dates – I buy the bulk pack at Costco and they stay fresh for a long time. I’ve also found them at Sprouts. If your dates are a little dry, you can soak them in warm water for 10-15 minutes to soften up.
Water – If you have to soak your dates to make them softer, you can use the water that the dates soaked in for this recipe. You can also use almond milk or another nut milk instead of water.
Protein powder – this recipe will only get better if you use a quality protein that you like. Don’t use a protein powder than you don’t enjoy because you will taste it in the balls. I recommend Orgain. They have a variety of vegan protein powders you can choose from. You can use my code “LAURAL” for 30% off.
- Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor until combined.
- Roll dough into 12 balls and place on parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increment until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over balls. Transfer to fridge to set. Enjoy!
- These balls are perfect straight from the fridge or freezer. I love making a double batch and storing them in the freezer for when I’m craving one.
- Feel free to get creative with this recipe and sub different flavors of ingredients. For example, you can use almond butter or cashew butter or different flavors of protein powder.
Store balls in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 1 1/4 cup oats (100 g)
- 1/4 cup protein powder (28 g)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (25 g)
- 6 tbsp peanut butter (96 g)
- 6 medjool dates (150 g)
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips (30 g)
- Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in food processor until combined.
- Roll into 12 balls and place on parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increments until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over balls. Transfer to fridge until set and enjoy!