I grew up making rice krispie treats with my mom so I knew I wanted to create a vegan recipe that had a little twist to it. Of course you can easily swap the butter & marshmallows for vegan ones but I wanted something I little more decadent. So of course I had to make these with chocolate and peanut butter, two of my favorite things!
Peanut butter – You can easily swap this out for any other nut butter.
Brown rice crisps – I like to use brown rice crisps to add some additional fiber and protein to these bars. I buy Barbara’s organic brown rice crisps cereal that I find at my local grocery store.
Shredded coconut – I love using shredded coconut to give these bars different tastes and textures.
Sliced almonds – I typically buy these sliced but you can also buy whole almonds and slice them yourself.
Cacao powder – If you’re not a chocolate lover, you can skip the cacao powder and these bars will still be just as delicious!
To keep these bars fresh, I recommend storing them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for 2-3 months.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Treats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (192g)
- 10 tbsp maple syrup (80g)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (52g)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice crisps (45g)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (30g)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (30g)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (25g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in medium bowl until well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until bars have hardened.
- Cut into 12 slices and enjoy!