This oil-free, vegan granola is super easy to make and just as delicious.Jump to Recipe
I remember years ago when I used to eat granola by the spoonful. Since then, I’ve opted for making my own because it’s actually quite easy and you can limit how much sugar goes into it. While there’s nothing wrong with sugar, I’ve found that most store bought granola brands are very high in calories, fat and sugar and I try to limit those when possible. It is also a lot easier to make granola chunky when you make your own. The recipe below is peanut-free and uses healthy ingredients to make this granola nutrient dense as well as flavor dense. Feel free to change the ingredients and create different flavors of granola.
Oats – the main ingredient in this granola is rolled oats. Rolled oats are packed with micronutrients, fiber and protein.
Cashews – A great alternative to peanuts, cashews are low in sugar and high in fiber, protein and heart-healthy fats.
Coconut chips – coconut chips are a great source of healthy fats and add a nice flavor to the granola.
Tahini – this keeps the granola nut free while still packing in a ton of flavor.
Maple syrup – a great alternative to sugar and my go-to for adding sugar to baked goods. Maple syrup is a good source of manganese, zinc, calcium, and potassium.
Hemp hearts – these have a mild, nutty flavor and contain a great source of healthy fats.
How to Make Granola
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add in dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
3. Spread mixture evenly onto tray and press down.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. When the 20 minutes are up, take the granola out of the oven and gently flip it. If you want chunkier granola, try and keep the granola together in chunks as you flip. If you don’t like chunky granola, you don’t need to keep the chunks together.
5. Return the granola to the oven and bake for 7 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool on tray.
Store granola in an airtight container for several weeks (if it lasts that long ;)) on the counter.
Coconut Cashew Granola
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Mix tahini, maple syrup and vanilla extract in medium bowl until well combined.
- Add oats, coconut shreds, cashews, hemp hearts, cinnamon and salt and stir until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread mixture evenly onto tray and press down.
- Bake for 20 minutes. When the 20 minutes are up, take the granola out of the oven and gently flip it. If you want chunkier granola, try and keep the granola together in chunks as you flip.
- Return the granola to the oven and bake for 7 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on tray.