This shelter-in-place order has got me testing out new recipes in the kitchen and I’m not mad about it! I wanted to make a vegan dessert that you didn’t have to bake since it’s getting hot here in Northern CA and I didn’t want to heat up the house by turning on the oven. These bars are super simple to make and deliver a delicate chocolate, coconut-y flavor that you’re going to love!
Medjool dates – unless your dates are really moist, I recommend soaking them in warm water for 5-10 minutes. This will help soften them up and help bind the mixture better together.
Cashew butter – I love the taste of cashew butter in this recipe because it’s a more subtle flavor than almond or peanut. You can sub it out for a different nut butter but keep in mind that the flavor will be more overpowering.
Hu Chocolate – this is hands down my favorite chocolate. I’ve tried making my own chocolate and I can’t get it near as close to this deliciousness. You can sub Hu Gems to melt on top.
I personally love to store these in the freezer because they last the longest. I usually leave them out until they’re soft enough to eat which is usually ~15 minutes or you can speed up the process by putting them in the microwave for around 10 second or until soft. If you plan on eating them within 5 days, I’d recommend storing them in the fridge.
No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cashew Bars
- 70 g cashews
- 45 g walnuts
- 28 g almond flour
- 12 g cacao powder
- 100 g medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp cashew butter
- 180 g solid part of coconut milk
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 g cacao powder
- 1 chocolate bar I used Salted Chocolate by Hu Kitchen
- Blend all base ingredients in food processor until thoroughly mixed and dough sticks when pressed. Press dough into a loaf pan lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Mix all filling ingredients except cacao powder in a bowl. Separate mixture equally into two bowls and add the cacao powder to one of them. Pour cashew mixture into loaf pan over the base ingredients and freeze until set (about 15-30 mins).
- Pour cacao cashew mixture into loaf pan and place back into freezer (about 15-30 mins).
- Once filling is set, melt chocolate bar in microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals. When melted, pour or drizzle over filling.
- Place back in freezer to set (about 2 hours). Cut and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cashew Bars”
Well that just looks divine!
Your very welcome!