I can’t believe it’s already Spring! This year has been flying by and I hope you all have been sticking to your New Year’s Resolutions. I know I’ve had a few weeks where I’ve slacked but for the most part I’m really happy with my health and fitness routine this year. That brings me to my reason for writing this post: my top 10 reasons why you should work out in the morning.
- For me, I love working out. I love getting stronger, getting the endorphins flowin’ and feeling accomplished. Okay, well I love working out AFTER my work out. Truthfully, I don’t always look forward to working out. I know I’ll feel great afterwards but sometimes getting started is the hardest part. Working out in the morning guarantees that you’ll work out without making an excuse for why you can’t. After a long day at work, I can come up with any excuse possible to not work out. Getting it out of the way in the morning ensures that I’ll actually stick with it.
- It’s a great way to start your day. Starting your day off with a work out puts you in a good mood for the rest of the day. Working out releases endorphins and already makes you feel accomplished before the day has even started. Even a 15 minute workout is better than nothing. You’ll feel accomplished throughout your day even if you don’t get much else done.
- You’ll want to eat healthier. After I’ve worked out, I crave healthy, nutritious foods and want to eat healthier throughout the day. When I don’t workout in the morning, it’s so much easier to reach for unhealthy foods and I’ve noticed that I don’t care as much if I eat crappy throughout the day.
- You’ll be hungrier for breakfast. I’m sure you’ve heard people say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that you shouldn’t skip breakfast. Working out in the morning will increase your appetite and help ensure that you don’t skip a healthy breakfast.
- You’ll have more time after work. If you wait until later in the day or after work to get your work out in, you might miss out on social opportunities; opportunities to hang out with friends, family, start a new hobby, etc. If you do decide to go with other plans (a great excuse to miss a work out is to be social right?! 😉 ), you’ve also missed your workout.
So there you have my top 5 reasons to work out in the morning. Now, set your alarms half an hour earlier and make the most of your mornings!
2 thoughts on “5 Reasons to Work Out in the Morning”
NUMBER 5 All the way!!!! PLus I feel like I’ve beaten the day when I am finishing my workout before the sunrise! (or as it rises) 🙂
Right?! Me too!